Sunday, February 21, 2010

Banker Mapper

I wrote this when I working late through the eve of Mapping Dubai. I was in my office in the DIFC which reminded me of my days in Deutsche Bank. The contrast was intoxicating.


Nostalgia.

Nostalgia consumed me exclusively tonight.

Working late in the building that could never be the gate it was named to be.

The itch and the twitch. The plotting of the graph.

Even the unplanned conference call at the end of the night.

The walk to the foyer and the teleport of 15 skies was still the same. But I am doing better now, I was only only elevated to the 3rd plane during my Berlin days. Was it Jesus' fault?

I swayed through the path of the royal increaser who once was but the songs were new.

All this was reminiscent of my German days only I wasn't hungry anymore.

Those are my non-German days. I am not ready to call them anything else. It is the antithesis of what I did Berlin. And if I stare at my yang long enough I am no longer yin.

I am the wayfarer whose house remains. I am the deliberator whose decision's been made.

I am mapper now who will always twitch as long as there is terrain to survey.

So tell me Mother, did you really want me to be your lawyer before God and man?

2 Comments:

Blogger Nussaibah said...

Dear Mr Mishaal Al Gergawi,

I am writing from the University of Durham in the United Kingdom, on behalf of Dr Chris Davidson. We have been very impressed by your work, and would like to invite you to a small workshop in Durham. Please could you send your email address to nussaibah.younis@durham.ac.uk so that I can send you a formal invitation?

Yours Sincerely,

Nussaibah Younis

Monday, February 22, 2010  
Anonymous Gaby said...

Wow, banking and poetry go together. What a great idea.
Very interesting that you worked for Deutsche Bank in Berlin (Germany). I got my bankers' education at Deutsche Bank in Germany, too and worked for them for a while. Do you speak German? How did you like Berlin?
BTW, I enjoy your tweets.
Saludos desde Valencia
Gaby

Tuesday, February 23, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home