Saturday, May 22, 2010

RIP Harshi




Have you ever lost a loved and wondered what to do with their contact name on your phone? Do you delete it? Can you? My uncle died nine years ago and I couldn't do it. But I couldn't keep using the phone either. I wanted to destroy it but I couldn't do that either. I hid it. It was an old Nokia. Eitsalat called it a Jafeer. I still have it. I used a Hudhud, then a string of Nokias, then three blackberries and now an iphone. I still have the Jafeer. All I have left of my uncle's possessions are a trucker cap, his desk name board and his contact stored on that phone and two messages from him that I was too busy to respond to asking me to call him back.
I had become numb to that phone. Today I saw it again for the first time as I had seen it on Sept 24, 2001.

Harshi has a twitter account; a facebook account as well whose updates are probably searchable on google. If she had graduated she'd probably felt the need to get a Linkedin account too. Harshi's family and loved ones will always find her name. All they must do is type their own last name and they are bound to read her facebook updates on google. Who will turn all that off?

RIP Harshi, you are certainly in a better place than where we are.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lost my father three months ago. Last week I mustered up the courage to log into his email. My heart broke a little knowing he would never read those messages or those quirky jokes that he was often fond of laughing over, even though none of us ever found them funny.

Like Harshi, he was stolen from us before his time. And while I know the two of them are in a better place, I just wish I my aching heart would realise that too...

RIP Pa/Harshi...

Saturday, May 22, 2010  
Blogger SMA said...

At least it's a haunting comfort that she's listed her Location as: the infinite universe :3.
And that her last words spread over the medias were both eloquent and poignant.

Saturday, May 22, 2010  
Blogger Muffincita said...

I've never read your blog before. This post made me sad, but it also made me think about that. One of my friends lost someone really close to her, and everytime I see that person's facebook profile I wonder if someone will ever close it.

It's interesting how online everything and everyone is immortal.

Saturday, May 22, 2010  
Anonymous Amal said...

I lost my Husband to be shortly before the wedding , I still have that old Nokia where i recorded his voice & his laughs saying that he knows i will let his family hear this , i never had the intention to let them hear it but i did after he passed away ..
"we miss you .. May ur soul rest in peace"

Thursday, May 27, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home