Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I wonder us


“I don’t want to start with I. I don’t want to start. I don’t want to. I don’t want to see this room. I don’t want to see its slanted broom. I don’t want to wonder where all its pre-occupants are now stored. Even if I have seen and known this all along, I cannot know it tonight,” he said.

What becomes of a space that cannot be replaced? Where does new furniture go to die? How are taboos cleansed? How are thoughts rethought? How do you evolve from what was meant to be evolution? How do you restart from an endpoint without going back? How do you save wisdom from humility? How do you save curiosity from confidence? No one does.

Nasser didn’t trust or doubt, he merely wondered. “I wonder us,” he always said. Some found it intoxicating, others found his curiosity anxious, still others would let their eyes smile while they sailed the course of his wonder.

But his curiosity was mathematically varied. At times it was incremental, at others it multiplied and for a while it was exponential. But it always compounded… towards infinity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home